The Dashboard Application
The Dashboard (default view) gives you a real-time overview and simple access to precise travel and security data for your organization. You can also customize and adjust the dashboard to better fit your needs and requirements. The Dashboard view is accessible through your mobile phone as well as your computer.
Who is traveling?
This section shows who is currently travelling and where they are. It
also shows you which travelers that have arrived in a new country during the past
24 hours. The box will also let you know if you have any outstanding unsolved
If any of your travelers have pressed the emergency button, a new box pops up at the top of the Dashboard providing you with information and giving you direct access to the affected traveler’s profile page and log. The Resolve-button resolves the emergency and leaves the admin with the option to fill out a short incident report. More emergency related functionality is found under the Emergency Beacon section.
Risk Zones and Severe/High Profile Incidents
If you have travelers in high risk areas or in areas where a severe incident has recently occurred, you will find information on that in the Risk Zones and Severe/High Profile Incidents section, which is located on the Dashboard. The section also give you access to the relevant incident information.
It is possible to send a message to a selected individual, or to an entire group, that may be affected by the incident.
The Dashboard Incident Feed
The live feed displays recent incident reports published by Safeture within the past 24 hours. Tailor and customize the feed to suit your needs by choosing areas of interest and filters through the Incident Feed on the ISO Application. By clicking on a particular incident, you will be provided by access to in-depth incident information.
Get a quick overview of number of used app subscribers per subscription.
Subscribe to your Dashboard and get a daily email with all your dashboard information. Just tick the box.
Set descriptive information for the administrator in use. Option to update email address, phone number, and password.
Max position age (hrs)
Max position age dictates for how long, in hours, a user’s latest reported
precise location (coordinates) should be valid until the system resolves the
user’s location to a nation.
The Instant Security Overview (ISO)
The map offers you a real-time location-based global overview of your travelers. Find out where your travelers are and send assistance if needed. The map is based on google maps but uses a fallback mapping system if Google maps fail or are not available in your region.
The map filters can be used to display information on:
- Risk level map: Who do you have traveling in a high-risk area? The Region Risk filter shows you the areas of world rated by Safeture on perceived risk. See legend for criteria per level.
- Incidents: Who do you have traveling near a high-risk incident? The incident filter plots Safeture’s last 300 incident reports across the world based on geo-location. These incidents are all clickable.
- Satellite view
All incidents on the map are clickable to see further information on the incident. End users can when enter a medium or higher (orange and red) incident press “You are OK”. This information will then be viewable at the bottom of the high-risk events.
|Tip! Implement a policy that all traveling employees use the “You are OK” feature in the event a high-risk incident in near proximity to them.|
If one of your travelers presses the emergency button in the app you can easily locate them through the emergency beacon that will light up on the map.
You can also find the person signaling emergency in the personnel feed to your right.
Personnel, Log, and Incidents
Up in the top right corner, next to the administrator settings icon, you can find a listed view with information on personnel, account log, and incidents.
ISO Incident Feed
The feed displays incidents based on your settings. Filters are “Global”, “Where you have travelers”, and “Customized”.
The customized Incident Feed on the ISO App is mirrored on the Dashboard and email send-outs.
The Log Feed will give you access to data and log information on all your travelers. Search the feed through free text search, filter on different types of activity, or communication. Include Safeture patented SMS verification functionality.
Press “View All” to get a more comprehensive view of your log.
Manage and communicate with all your travelers through the Traveler Feed. Search the feed through the free text search option to find who or what you are looking for. Access the traveler’s profile page by clicking on them.
The feed also shows you who are home and who are abroad traveling. Press “Overview” to get a more comprehensive view of your personnel.
Each traveler connected to the system has their own profile page. Simply click a traveler and the system will take you to the profile page of that traveler and the security situation of their current location. On the profile page, the administrator can access information on that traveler, view logs, and communicate with the traveler.
Communicate with your travelers via email or SMS. You can send messages through the Personnel Feed or the Profile Page. In the feed, you can just search the group or person you want to message and then press “Send Message”. Another option is to click the person or group on the map and then use the “Send Message” button to message that group or person.
Chat and the “Are you OK” functionality
With the chat and the “Are you OK?” functionality, an administrator of the Safeture PRO management tool can send chat requests or request “Are you ok?” reports, via SMS and/or email, to travelers and employees e.g. in a specific area, group, or near a high threat incident. The employees/travelers are then able to respond through their phones or via computer.
The request is sent through the standard messaging functionality in the management tool which can be accessed from the Dashboard or Security Overview apps. The admin may change the default chat- ID, invitation message and initial chat message if needed.
In the admin chat window, you can communicate, edit the chat, and see how many in the group that have reported themselves “OK”.
The interface for your travelers/co-workers is available through a link in the SMS and/or email that they receive.
Started/active chats and “Are you OK?” requests are then found on the Dashboard. You will be notified in the system if any new chat messages are posted in a chat you have started. As a super administrator, you will also be able to see, and access chats started by other admins at your organization. Normal/group admins will however not be able to see other admins chats or requests.
Get status on “OK” reports and overview of communication through admin the chat interface. You can edit or archive the chat through the blue “Edit” button in the interface.
The Content Management Application
On the Content Management Application (CMA) you can access in-depth risk and practical information on more than 200 countries. You can also customize the content for your users. Adding to Safeture information or hiding sections of Safeture information for all your app users.
You can use the customization tool to add to or replace Safeture
standard information content. A dedicated section for your company is available
under My Organization Info. The added
or changed content is immediately available for your app users through the app.
- TMC (Travel agency or similar) and corporate customer must fill in the Appendix D – Authorization form and send it to Safeture. Safeture will in turn send it to relevant partners.
- TMC must follow separate booking instructions.
We support multiple travel booking sources; both directly from corporate databases and GDS’s (for example Amadeus CRS or SABRE).
We update our database with cancellations/updates accordingly, both by manually scanning the source and by receiving automatic Passenger Name Record (PNR) updates. The manual scan for updates is performed at a schedule of 168h, 72h, 48h, 24h, 6h and 1h before departure for each trip, to make sure our data is up to date. Delays are checked up until the actual departure.
Our system fetches all travelers and bookings from each PNR and matches the travelers in the PNR to the end users in our system using an algorithm with phone number, email, and traveler name as input. We handle both pre-ticketed and ticketed PNR’s depending on the client’s needs.
Safeture provides an option to integrate travel booking data by sending booking confirmations to a dedicated email address. These emails will automatically be parsed to retrieve both booking and traveler data, and the system will try to connect this data to existing Safeture end users.
This feature gives both end users and TMCs/Stakeholders the ability to integrate booking data to the Safeture platform without any major integration work or technical expertise.
To enable the parsing option, two email addresses needs to be set up to be used by end users and TMCs respectively. Normally this is handled by Safeture and the addresses will have the following format:
For end users: <client_name>@safeturetravel.com
For TMCs/Stakeholders: <client_name>.email@example.com
However, a client could potentially set up forwarding of an internal email address to the parsing inbox as well.
Once the email addresses are set up, Safeture will activate the feature internally to make sure they are connected to the correct account.
We recommend the following best practices to ensure optimal parsing.
- Email content should be the original booking confirmation email provided by the point of sale.
- Refrain from sending in emails with a lot of forwards or email conversations as this may cause the parse to fail.
- Photos or scans of bookings/itineraries will not be parsed.
- Boarding passes will likely not be parsed.
- Include only one booking/itinerary per email. Multiple bookings are not supported on a single email.
- Nested emails as attachments or calendar file attachments are not supported. Please only attach one file to the email (ex. Booking.PDF).
- Booking format can be HTML email or a PDF attachment (if that is what the point of sale provided). Please note that PDF files must be copy and passable. Scanned PDF or a PDF file that is an image is not parsed. Encrypted PDF files are not parsed.
- Booking emails must have all required information in order to parse. If an email is missing a key required component, the parse will fail. (See Addendum 1)
is parsed exactly how it is provided in the email. No additional resources are
used to look up additional information if it is not available in the original
email. As a rule of thumb, the email is parsed exactly how it appears.
When an end user has received a travel booking confirmation from the booking agency via email it can be forwarded to the <client_name>@safeturetravel.com email.
These instructions must be followed for the parsing to be successful:
- The email should be sent from the same email address as the user has registered in the Safeture platform.
- The <client_name>@safeturetravel.com email address must be put in the TO:-field of the email.
- The email being forwarded must be the booking confirmation only, including any eventual PDF attachment. Pre-trip approvals, non-itinerary emails, invoices etc. are not supported.
If these instructions
are not followed, the platform will most likely not be able to integrate the
booking at all.
As an alternative to the end user option above, the TMC (or any internal stakeholder) can forward travel booking confirmations to the Safeture platform without involving the end user. These emails should be sent to <client_name>.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email must be sent to the end user directly using the TO:-field of the email.
- The end user email address must be the same as the user has registered in the Safeture platform.
- The TO:-field must only contain the email for the end user. Any other email address must be put in the CC:-field.
- The <client_name>.email@example.com email must be put in the CC:-field of the email.
- The email being forwarded must be the booking confirmation email only, including any eventual PDF attachment. Pre-trip approvals, non-itinerary emails, invoices etc. are not supported.
If these instructions are not followed, the platform will most likely not be able to integrate the booking at all.
The parsing engine supports the following languages:
English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch, Russian, Portuguese, Swedish, Vietnamese, Finnish, Chinese, Danish, Romanian, Catalan, Hebrew, Hungarian, Turkish, Polish, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Czech, Bulgarian, Ukrainian, Indonesian, Estonian, Serbian.
The User Management Application
The User Management (admin) Application allows you to create and manage your accounts Toolbox administrators, and create and manage groups, as well as manage and batch invite new app users.
Use this function to create and manage permissions for your Toolbox admin users. You can choose which groups and functions they should have access to.
When adding a new admin, Email, Phone number, Password, and Permissions are required fields to fill in or select. The new admins username will be the same as its email address.
- Super administrator gives an admin access to all apps and functions in the Toolbox
- Normal administrator gives an admin access to all apps and functions in the Toolbox except the Admin app. A normal admin can also be restricted to access only one or more group(s) in the system. App users in other groups will be hidden from that admin user.
After creating a group, you can invite or assign app users to that group. Use groups to categorize your users or e.g. restrict access for other Toolbox admins to certain groups.
By setting one group as your “Default Group” all new app users that have not been assigned a group will automatically be assigned to the default group. You can then change the group of a user by using the “Users” tool in the main menu.
Under the Users section you can assign groups, invite, and delete app users and get an overview of your users.
Through Manage you can search, assign group, invite, remove, or edit user information. When assigning group belonging press save for each user.
All users that have been invited will, until they install the application, be located under the Pending personnel section. Removing a pending invitation causes all prior information (e.g. name, email etcetera) to be deleted.
- Invite user
- Choose Subscription (mandatory) and group (optional)
- Fill out all details
- +Add to table
|46 708 123 456||x|
Add personnel manually activates new users. To add a new user (1) fill or select all mandatory fields (phone number and subscription), (2) click Add to table and finally (3) click Invite personnel.
Remember when entering phone number, to format it as such country code without + or 00 and end with phone number (e.g. 46708123456). No spacing or special characters.
Invited personnel will be notified by email (optional) and SMS with activation instructions on how to install the application.
Instructions on how to batch invite users by using a spreadsheet is provided in the application. Any issues with batch activation should be directed to the support team.
The Travel Management Company (TMC) application
Through the TMC app you can, as a partner admin, view and manage all your client accounts. You can also add customized emergency buttons for specific accounts, edit admins, or users for a specific account etc.
The Custom Alerts application
Besides the function of publishing your own security alerts there are several settings related to how standard Safeture alerts published by Safeture will be handled for your account.
- Default publish: All standard Safeture alerts will be published as normal.
- Default opt in: Standard Safeture alerts will be published after a delay of 10 minutes unless you actively choose not to publish them.
- Default opt out: No standard Safeture alerts will be published unless manually selected by you.
- Default discard: No standard Safeture alerts will be published or available for manual selection.
Last Updated: March
- Airline name
- Flight Number
- Departure location
- Arrival location
- Departure time
- Arrival time
- Hotel name
- Check-in date
- Check-out date
- Car company
- Pick-up address
- Pick-up city
- Pick-up date
- Pick-up time
- Drop-off address
- Drop-off city
- Drop-off date
- Drop-off time
- Rail line
- Train number
- Station of departure
- Departure date
- Departure time
- Station of arrival
- Arrival date
- Arrival time
- Activity type
- Activity title
- Start date
- Start time
- End date (may be required depending on the activity type)
- End time (may be required depending on the activity type